Monday, October 13, 2008

encountering a huge, freakishly tall WOMAN!

My name is julia and I am a 19 year old freshman at Boston University. When im walking down the streets of Boston or roaming the college campus everyone is staring at me. Do u want to know why? Beacuse im 6' 9"! Im a very tall women. People just stop and stare at me beacuse im the tallest person they have ever seen in there entire life. They say "do u play basketball?" and i always so no beacuse i was never interested in it. They are shocked and just walk away. Other people say "wow that lady is huge!". I think its rude and just ignore it. the most popular question is "how tall are you" and i have to answer it beacuse the reaction on there face is priceless. My boyfriend is a foot shorter than me and it is funny if you see us together beacuse theres a huge size difference. I also tower over my friends who are very short compared to me. My best friend is 4' 11"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who cares? By you making a blog on this shows how you also are seeking attention.

Unknown said...

Please update your blog. This is GREAT!! I have noticed more & more TALLER women stepping up to show the world not just how TALL they are but how proud they are of their gift of HEIGHT & size. May I ask what size shoes you wear??
You might be surprised to know there is a TOWERING, BIG & VERY strong nurse in Michigan who stands over 7ft and wears a Men's size specially made 21 shoe. She is shy & reserved. NOT proud of her height or size but would be considered freakishly TALL & BIG(muscular)even for a man her height!! If we just had more women like you to inspire the world and her to not hide but take pride in being so vertically gifted...??